1954- Reintroduction of German language classes at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem (German language classes had not been offered since 1934).
1964- Establishment of the Minerva Foundation as part of the Max Planck Society, financed by the German Federal Ministry for Education and Research (BMBF) with DM 3,65 m. annually.
1965- Establishment of diplomatic relations and exchange of ambassadors between Israel and the Federal Republic.
1977- Founding of the chair for German Language and Literature at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem; first full professor was Stéphane Moses. Initial funding was provided by the Volkswagen Foundation.
1986- Founding of the German-Israeli Foundation for Scientific Research and Development.
1990- Founding of the Franz Rosenzweig Minerva Research Center for German-Jewish Literature and Cultural History at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem under the direction of Stéphane Moses.
2001- Foundation of the Bucerius Institute for Research of Contemporary German History and Society, University of Haifa, financed by the ZEIT-foundation, under the direction of Yfaat Weiss.